Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Bleeding Hearts on display

Bleeding Hearts
3 color stacked Monotype print, india ink, touches of colored pencil

A dear friend sent me images of some exotic birds awhile back. This little beauty, the Bleeding Heart Pigeon/Dove, was hidden away in the stack. A few weeks ago I gave a demo of the monotype printmaking technique and used this bird as a sample image. It was a quick demo and I rushed through the original drawing and the process of wiping the plates in order to save time. Obviously, I wasn't pleased with the final print since it lacked detail and interest. (see below) The other day I went back to the print and reworked it by drawing over the top with ink and colored pencil. I love the way it turned out! I will be doing more of this type of printing and more with this bird. 

original 3 color stacked monotype print 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...