Monday, February 15, 2010

a month at a glance...


Wow! I'm having a hard time grasping the fact that January is over and we are into the 2nd week of February. It seemed to me that I wasn't all that productive, especially with my visual journal, until I started listing all the creative activities I have been working on and completing... now I know how Jan. flew by without my noticing!

This page mostly introducing the best news I had all month. I have been accepted to teach two classes at this year's 2nd annual Journalfest! I am beyond excited. Teesha and Tracy are going to pull out all the stops for this Halloween themed event =D  I have so many ideas dancing around in my head for TCs and Class evidence cards. I feel so honored to be able to teach two of the art mediums I adore: bookmaking (with personal imagery) and drawing. The Transferring Memories origami book class is going to be a whirlwind of fun. I am thrilled to be able to teach these techniques with all my students (sign up quickly as classrooms are going to fill fast due to the lower number of students per class rule). The Learning to See class is going to be a bit quieter and more thought provoking. Teaching others how to draw and have confidence in their drawing ability is a passion of mine. The biggest thrill of last year was to watch the students drawing and painting in their journals for the first time. It made me smile for days. This year I am including techniques on applying values to a drawing through the use of hatching, crosshatching, shading/blending.  The official 2010 website with all the classes and more details on my classes will be posted in a few weeks. I can't wait until October!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...