Thursday, February 18, 2010

Journalfest 2010

I received notice a few weeks ago from Teesha that both of my classes have been included in the line up for this years Journalfest. Truthfully, I am ready to jump in my car and head to Seattle this evening! Last October I was a newbie to the "fest" family and to teaching in this venue, so I had no idea what to expect. The energy and overall openness of everyone I encountered was staggering. I actually felt a bit high with my head in the clouds for days after returning. I loved sharing and learning from all those around me. I loved the journal jams, the dorm midnight gatherings, the location, and I even loved the small little room that I was able to sneak away to in between events to have some quite sketching time.

I have no doutbs that Teesha and Tracy are going to blow some socks off with Journalfest 2010. Start brainstorming for All Hallows Eve now, I'm telling ya!! This is going to be one fantastic party! I love a good scary/bit distrubing/totally out of character costume once a year. (when else can you be someone/something else for a day and nobody thinks twice.) Hmmm... Saturday may be an interesting day...as I plan on wearing my costume all day... I hope my students will be understanding hehehe
 
Highlights:
Thursday evening: free costume making workshop
Friday evening: vendor marketplace
Saturday: COSTUME PARTY! live music and journal jam party!

The official Journalfest 2010 website is to go live March 5th. In the mean time here is a sneak peak at the two workshops I'll be teaching.


Transferring Memories : Friday
How could I NOT have a Halloween inspired book to share? 
As well as well as an exploding treasure trove of image transfers.

 

 

 

Learning to See : Saturday
Learning to draw isn't about learning how to use a pencil (we all know how to hold a pencil), it is about learning to see the world around you. I'll be teaching my visual journaling style + shading values techniques with a pencil that will bring depth and dimension to all your journal pages.

 
  

 

I can't wait to see some familiar faces as well as meet some new friends!
Hugs to you all!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...