Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Hand-me-Down....


Hand-me-Down....
Originally uploaded by rightside
Everyday Matters #21 draw some thing antique

Today has been a whirlwind day of artistic fun...I need more days like it!
The story about the chair is already there... but here is the story about the secretaries desk.

I had been looking for a small desk or secretaries desk for years. We do not have a huge house that can accommodate a large (normal) size desk. So when I came across this little gem at an antique store I wanted it very much!! However, we had just moved into our new (old) home and where feeling the pinch in the wallet. So a month or so went by and the desk was still there. I decided to put it on layaway (it was only $125) but knew that if I brought it home Dave wouldn't be very happy with me. So, the next month when he was out of town on business I picked the desk up and brought it home. I told the kids I was going to surprised daddy with it. That night while Hailey was on the phone with Dave I over heard her say..."Daddy, mommy bought you a surprise! Something you always wanted! A desk to put your bills in!!!" oh my.... He wasn't as mad as I thought he would be:) I think it was better hearing it from Hailey rather than me. Now he does love the desk, and we use it all the time.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...